Let's first understand the types of Automotive Wire Harness.
1. The engine wiring harness connects various sensors and actuators on the engine and surrounds the engine.
2. The instrument panel wiring harness is connected to the vehicle body or chassis wiring harness. It is connected along the pipe beam to various electrical components on the instrument panel, such as combination meters, air-conditioning switches, retractors, cigarette lighters, etc.
3. The body wiring harness usually walks against the floor from the left side of the cab, connecting the fuel tank sensor and the rear tail light.
4. The door harness connects all electrical components on the inner panel of the door, such as central control locks, glass lifters, speakers, etc.
5. The front harness comes from the driver's cab, and connects the front electrical components such as side turn lights and front combination lights, speakers, electronic fans, etc. along the fender and the front bumper frame.
The first station for automobile wiring harness production is the wire-opening process. The accuracy of the line-opening process is directly related to the entire production schedule. Once errors occur, especially if the line-opening size is too short, it will cause rework at all stations, which takes time and effort to affect production efficiency. Therefore, in the preparation of the wire opening process, it is necessary to reasonably determine the wire opening size and stripping size according to the requirements of the drawing.
The second station after the opening is the crimping process. The crimping parameters are determined according to the type of terminal required by the drawing, and the crimping operation manual is prepared. For special requirements, it is necessary to specify and train operators on the process file. For example: some wires need to pass through the sheath before they can be crimped. It needs to be pre-assembled and then returned from the pre-installation station before crimping. There are special crimping tools for piercing crimping. This crimping method has good electrical contact performance.
The next step is the pre-assembly process. First, the pre-assembly process operation manual must be prepared. In order to improve the final assembly efficiency, the pre-installation station must be set up for complex wiring harnesses. Whether the pre-assembly process is reasonable or not directly affects the overall assembly efficiency. The skill level of craftsmen. If there are too few pre-assembled parts or the wiring path of the assembly is unreasonable, the workload of the general assembly staff will be increased, and the speed of the assembly line will be slowed down, so the process staff must stay at the site and continue to summarize.
The final step is the final assembly process. It can design the tooling equipment, material box specifications according to the assembly platen designed by the product development department, and affix the numbers of all assembly sheaths and accessories on the material box to improve the assembly efficiency. Map out the assembly content and requirements of each station, balance the entire assembly station to prevent a little workload, and reduce the speed of the entire assembly line. To achieve station balance, the craftsman must be familiar with each operation and calculate the man-hours on site, and adjust the assembly process at any time.
The production of wire harnesses is mainly divided into two methods: end crimping (crimping) and forming. There is no best, and it must be manufactured according to the functional characteristics of the wire harness.
The above is the process of automotive wiring harness introduced by Golf Car Cable Assemblies Supplier.